i have so many thoughts that are always changing, growing, stubbornly persistent, and i want to remember their progress. maybe it is back to the drawing boards… or tumblr. same thing.
but i have always wanted to avoid making tumblr my personal diary.
thus, i need a theme. i need a point to my blogging. or at least somewhat of an organized point.
for now, i will list random thoughts:
- i just finished anthony bourdain’s kitchen confidential. entertaining. provokative. would’ve made sense to read it years ago, at the start of my fatty calling.
- my family needs to eat healthier and do some sort of physical activity. remember those verb commercials? it’s not something we do…
- my aunt in korea is top three in my god-fearing-women-role-model list.
- thank god for technology in letting me keep in touch with the other two :)
- i fell asleep during both of my graduations. and still dont remember them.
- i would consider myself a pretty passionate person.
- it’s a funny thing to recognize where different people put their pride. so many different places.
- its been a year since ive been home and the prayer board has been updated next to my name: husband. wutwutttt???
- i have to buy a car.
- i can’t sit still. it doesn’t have to be with people, but i have to get around and move for at least an hour every day. for this reason alone, i am so glad i did not resolve to live at home. i think i would’ve shriveled and brought everyone down with me.
- my mom is still one of the greatest cooks i know.
- nursing is SO cruel to schedule boards (NCLEX-RN exam) after graduation. it is nearly impossible to sit down and study. let alone retain information.
- i am super bad at keeping in touch.
- i think i’ve said this before… but i’ve been super blessed by people in my life. in and out, stopping by or in for the long haul. each were hand picked and purposeful.
- my 9th grade bible study teacher made an impression on me for some reason. he was way older than the other cool college seniors/recent grads that taught bible study for youth group kids— but i dont know, he was nice. in 11th grade, when my dad was sick, he cut the grass for us. he had switched churches by then, but i remember he was there for the funeral too. 3 years after that, i found him on facebook and we had dinner. new years was right around the corner and as a parting note, he told me to stop clipping my wings. that was the first thought i ever wrote in my new phone, and the last thought i had when deciding where to make my next move. all it takes is for one person to make one comment. one person to believe in you. not only just saying it genuinely, but putting their trust in you… in a way you can see and feel. something in us just wont let ourselves let them down. cant let them down. or we go down trying.
- i think one of the biggest things i value is genuine-ness. not to be over-simplified as blunt honesty or blind loyalty— albeit, both are also desirable qualities.
- i had been numb to leaving philadelphia for awhile… people would ask, and i would feign emotion. i knew i had it in me somewhere, but i got tired of seeing disappointed faces when my eyes came up dry. so i would whine to cover the losses. but i shed a single tear at the gate before boarding. the start of closure, perhaps? ugh. only to be interrupted by the calling for zone 4. this was the first time in many flights that i qualified for priority boarding (aka before zone 1) and i had missed my chance. sucks to suck :P
- most people have ideas what they want their wedding to look like……………… i dont really have a clue. but i do want it to smell like werther’s butterscotch candy.
- dear sweet baby jesus, i feel simultaneously far and close from you right now. it is a weird place to be.
- still need a theme
- two books down… 23942095234 more to go.